A platform where local business owners find expert information to kick start or improve on their business online visibility, search engine optimization and business branding. Our goal is to empower them with contents to boost their business presence on the internet.
- Increase use of Iseowo directory
- Actionable advice to readers – instructions on what to do.
- Increase email/newsletter subscribers.
- Increase social media followers
- Suggested topics.
Our posts are helpful, interesting and conversational. Not corporate or self-promotional. Our audience are local business owners, your posts are meant to educate and instruct them, without wasting their time.
Microsoft Word Document
Minimum of 1000 words. There is no maximum number of words however, most of our blog posts range from 1000 to 3000 words.
Paragraph length and Spacing
Paragraphs must contain not more than 5 lines. We adhere to the one space after the period philosophy, not two.
- Make use of headers and sub headers
- Avoid big blocks of text
- Headlines should be specific and indicate benefit of reading the article/paragraph to the reader.
- You can make use of bullet lists.
- End the post with a call for action for comments. The more specific, the better.
- You can provide links to other relevant contents; every link must be of benefit to the reader.
- Links to direct competitors, self-promotion and affiliate links are forbidden.
- We love images, high quality, self-explanatory, detailed images! Images help article structuring, good at breaking up texts, makes the article scannable and appealing to readers. Include the following:
- Header/featured image (at least 1600×1200 image size)
- In-article images (at least 1600×1200 image size)
- Infographic images or those that indicate how to do things.
- The bio should not exceed 50 words
- Include an headshot (500 × 500 image size)
- Link to your website, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Via email – email@example.com
We may edit your article or bounce it back to you for revision with instructions on how to improve them. The edit could include the article title, images, links etc that we consider not relevant to the article. We would update you with any changes we make on the article. To prevent total rejection of a draft, we advise you intimate us with the title to access for its relevance to us before you commit time to come up with the article.
Your article must not have been submitted on another platform, at least the past one month. Submitting the same article on different platforms is bad for SEO and affects its ranking in search engines. If you would like to republish your article submitted to us on another platform, please wait at least 2 weeks before doing so. You could as well update the article to link back to the original on Iseowo.
You are required to be available to reply to comments on your article from the day of publishing your article.
We selectively promote articles on our social media platforms but we advise you do the same, and more, throughout your social networks. We ask that you share it more than once on multiple networks over multiple days. The time frame and scheduling is up to you.