Founded in 2004, Facebook represents a communication channel as well as a continually evolving marketing platform. Its mission is to give people the power to build communities and bring the world closer. As at early 2019, Facebook has over 2.23 billion monthly active users. Evidently, Facebook is a community you need to engage users about your business.
The platform, asides profiles for Personal use, has designed Pages for organizations and businesses. These Pages have features beyond the need of a Personal profile. To use Facebook for your business, you need a Facebook page.
- Customizable username
- Custom Posts templates.
- Custom Tabs
- Facebook messenger
- Page stories
- Facebook Live
- Facebook Watch
- Scheduled posts.
- Pages to watch.
- Facebook verification badge
- Facebook recommendations.
You need a Personal Profile in order to create a Facebook Page for your business. Your Profile will be linked to the Page as the Administrator of the Page.
- Sign in to Facebook with your Profile (or Signup if you don’t have one)
- Click Get Started under “Business or Brand” box
- Go to Create Facebook Page
- Click to choose a Page type
- Fill out your business details: Page name, Categories, Address and Phone number.
- Add a profile photo and cover photo.
- Fill out your other business details (Settings > Page info): business description, business category, contact information, location etc.
- Create a Page Username: use a memorable name or your business name.
- Add a Page button: this is important as you want your customers to take an action. You can link the button to your website, business directory listing page or your contact detail.
- Add your team members as collaborators.
- Familiarize yourself with Facebook terminologies.
- Create a Page Username
- Add a short description of your business
- Complete your About section
- Add a Call-to-action button.
- Write a welcome post
- Pin your welcome post
- Encourage customer recommendations and feedback.
- Post articles regularly
- Engage your page fans. Be timely with replies!
- Learn from Page Insights.
- Review the Page Settings
- Try Facebook Ads.
Facebook makes it easier for people to discover and interact with your brand online. It is recommended you start your social media marketing strategy with Facebook as it is rather free to use.
Like our Facebook Page
Did we miss any feature? Tell us in the Comments.