When it came to online photos and videos sharing, Instagram is right there taking the lead. A social networking service owned by Facebook, Instagram has more than 1 billion monthly active users as at the end of 2018.
The service boasts of higher per-post engagement rates than any other social platform. Instagram, with its massive user base, is evidently a good choice of social platform to engage users about your business. More than 25 million companies worldwide use Instagram for business and more than 200 million users visit one business profile every day!
- Business contact Information
- Business category
- Photo and Video Posts
- Live Videos
- Profile Analytics
- Insights into followers’ interactions.
- Call to action button
- Hyperlinked Username and Hashtags in Bio – links only work in the bio.
- Instagram stories (Music sticker, Questions Sticker etc)
- Group Video call – video call up to 4 followers.
A personal Instagram account is different from a Business account although, the former can be converted into the latter. A business account can be created upfront as well.
- Download Instagram Application.
- Signup with your business email address, business phone number or with Facebook.
- Create an Instagram Business Account (Profile > cogwheel icon at top right corner of the screen > switch to Business profile):
- Fill out the rest of your Business profile.
- Connect to your Facebook Page (ensure you are the admin without which you would not be able to) if you have one.
- Familiarize yourself with Instagram Terminologies.
- Choose a memorable brand username
- Optimize the “About” section
- Create posts regularly
- Share visually appealing posts, be creative with them.
- Tell stories with the Instagram stories
- Make use of compelling cations
- Engage users, be timely with chat replies.
- Review your activities with the page Analytics
- Follow other relevant business pages, like, comment, tag and mention them
- Make use of #hashtags
- Make use of Instagram Ads
As attractive as Instagram Ads are to growing on the platform, understanding how the platform works and utilizing the features above will give your business page an edge on the platform. Keep users’ engagement a top priority, Instagram algorithms favor engagements!
Follow us on Instagram
Did we miss any feature? Tell us in the Comments.