Pinterest is a platform to research, learn and shop. Pinterest boasts of a user base of 265 million monthly active users. More than 14 million articles are pinned daily. The half-life of a pin is 3.5 months, way longer than tweets
The platform is more of a discovery and save tool than a social interaction network. This makes it suitable for marketers to target users at different points of the buying process. It is better to think of Pinterest as a search engine for images.
Pinterest offers a number of tools to help marketers engage with users, making it a choice platform for large and small businesses. Users make use of the platform to buy or look for something they would buy later.
- Embed pins on your site
- Group Boards
- Guided search
- Article pins
- Shop the look
- Pinterest Lens
- Pinterest emails
- Pinterest Pin codes
- Pin collective
- Taste graph
- Possibilities planner
- Pinterest Analytics
- Promoted video
- Related Pins
- Related interests
- Pinterest widget builder (save and follow button: pin, profile and board widgets)
Creative ways of using Pinterest for business
- Pin videos and audios
- Download the Pinterest Application
- Create a business account or convert an existing personal account into a business account.
- Fill out your Business Profile details in Settings
- Claim your website and other social accounts to improve your branding.
- Add Pin It button to your website.
- Familiarize yourself with Pinterest terminologies.
- Choose a memorable brand username
- Optimize the “About” section
- Create Rich Pins
- Pin about 10 images daily
- Use your pins’ descriptions wisely
- SEO Optimize your pins.
- Include a reference link in your pins back to your website to drive traffic.
- Create Boards specific to your brand.
- Create group boards and invite others to pin in it.
- Participated in Group Boards.
- Engage followers, reply to comments.
- Speak customers’ language
- Perfect your content strategy.
- Stick to a content calendar.
- Check your profile analytics regularly
- Use between 200 and 300 characters, not the maximum 500. It is better for repins!
- Make use of Pinterest Ads.
Pinterest, unlike any other social platform out there, is unique and portrays a different culture. On Pinterest, you can reach people when they are making decisions of what to buy. Use of Pinterest for business is an invaluable resource. It is the perfect place to showcase your brand and products, a marketplace to engage users with spending power.
Did we miss any feature? Tell us in the Comments.